Wednesday, January 19, 2011

There's a first time for everything!

 Behold! These are the first stitches ever stitched by my little sister. I am so proud!!! My sissy requested a sewing machine for Christmas this year. Now, you have to know that no one, save me - sews or quilts in my family. I am the lone crafter. Until now!!!! After an afternoon's tutorial with my sissy, her machine and her owner's manual - I am suddenly no longer flying solo. I envision sew so lates, fabric shopping...oh I just can't wait. Now, don't get me wrong, my sissy is young, hip, and at this point - would not be caught dead "quilting". But, I am optimistic. At some point, I think we all give it a try. I mean, the sewing machine just kind of leads you from one thing to another, don't you think?
Which leads me to my next sewing milestone. I installed an invisible zipper!!!!! That's right, you heard me correctly, an invisble zipper. I think I mentioned in an earlier post about a sew along that I came across on http://www.stitchedincolor.com/
This is a great blog that I have just recently discovered. I find her work very inspirational. Very much the type of quilting that I aspire to most. Her tutorial was very informative, very clearly written with lots of pictures. If you get a chance, please hop over and check her out.

Well, that's it for me today. I am off to start a new project. I need to make a Valentines Day pillow cover for my Nina. I'll post a pic when I get it finished.

See you soon,
Rob

2 comments: