Sunday, December 19, 2010

Big Muffin Pillow


Big Muffin Pillow, originally uploaded by rkkilmer.

So, yesterday I was able to swing by The Sewing Party in Laguna Hills with my friend Robin. I love this quilt shop! It is filled with the types of fabrics and projects that completely inspire me and make me want to rush home and just sew in to the wee hours of the morning. I purchased an original pillow pattern designed by the shops owner. It is a 18" little pillow with a really interesting shape. It can be made with just 2 fat quarters and a spare 15 minutes. The pillow pictured here is 36" and I quilted the top piece, although I don't think you can see that detail in the photo. There is supposed to be a button centered on each side. I made the buttons, but when I tried to attach them I lost the doll needle in the stuffing!!! It's already 1:00 in the morning, so I am going to have to fix it in the morning. I can't wait for Charlotte to see it. She wanted a Hello Kitty pillow and I think she is going to love this one.

2 comments: