Monday, July 5, 2010

Flower watch


Flower watch, originally uploaded by rkkilmer.

In my previous post I told you about receiving my much coveted Tula Pink fabric. Well, if you'll recall, I had no clue what I was going to do with my findings. Over the holiday weekend I found myself wanting to sew since I had a 4 day weekend. I was also perusing www.modabakeshop.com. I thought maybe I could come up with some original way in which to use my charm packs and see about submitting a tutorial for mod a bakeshop. Behold, the "Fabric Flower Cuff Watch"! I used a 10" inch strip of each of my 2 coordinating fabrics to create the cuff. I created binding with the 3rd. Next, I choose my favorite charm squares. Using a template I created with vinyl plastic, I made my flower petals. I found a pretty face watch at Joann's. I assembled it all and voilĂ ! I used heavy duty silver snaps for a professional looking finish. That was fun because I had never actually applied snaps before. I will definitely be incorporating them in future projects no that I know how simple they are.

2 comments:

  1. That is so darn cute. Good luck with Moda Bake Shop. Think I'll go see if I can find some charm packs today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Very creative and so fun! And, a good use of your nw "favorite" fabric.

    ReplyDelete