Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Homemade Peach Pie


Homemade Peach Pie, originally uploaded by rkkilmer.

I have always wanted to bake a peach pie from scratch. Last night, I did just that. I didn't start the process until after 8 PM, so it wasn't cooled enough to eat until 11 o'clock. Needless to say, I had to wait until this morning to taste it. I didnt have time to eat my pie at home before leaving for work, so instead I packed a piece to take with me. I sent one with my husband to work, and took one for myself. As I settled in to my desk to read my morning e-mail - I opened my pie to enjoy along with my coffee. There is no really adequate way of describing just how radiantly good this pie was! I sincerely thought for a moment that I would feign a sudden illness so that I could go home and spend the rest of the day on my couch with just a fork and the rest of that pie!!! To further affirm just how good of a pie this was, my husband text me just after 8:30 from his office. I guess, he too was eating his pie at his desk with his coffee. He told me it was so good, that he ate the spoon! He also told me that he was going to be going home for lunch to eat the rest of the pie :)
Moral of the story, if you've never made a homemade peach pie before, do it. it truly is worth the time and effort.

2 comments: