Monday, June 14, 2010

Design Wall Monday


5 10 20, originally uploaded by rkkilmer.

Ok, so here is my very first "Design Wall Monday" post. My friend Robin Gall is a part of a group that posts every Monday about what's on their design wall. I thought joining in would be a good way to keep me moving through my projects. Maybe if I knew I had to post every Monday, it will be more of an incentive to keep me on track. I don't have an actual design wall. So, I just laid everything out on my cutting table. I am working on another 5, 10, 20 quilt top. This pattern was actually designed by my friend Robin. I posted a pic of my first top in an earlier blog. You can either use 5 yards, 10 half yards, or 20 fat quarters. The more variety of fabric, the scappier the outcome. For this top I have 20 different fat quarters that I purchased at The Sewing Party in Laguna Woods, CA. It was the first time I had ever been in there. If you are a fan of Amy Butler, Kaffe Fasset, Hailey Bailey and the like, then this is the shop for you. It's a bit of a drive for me, but I will definitely be back. Also, I think this quilt pattern is becoming my favorite. You can find that for purchase thru Robin's site. Her blog is listed in my fav blog section. I just ordered 10 completely different yards of Joel Dewberry's Modern Meadow today from Sew Deerly Loved at www.etsy.com. I found Joel Dewberry while perusing www.quiltdad.com. Come to think of it, that's how I heard of Sew Deerly Loved! Check out her Etsy shop. She has some great stuff for sale. Ok, enough from me. I have 4 more blocks to sew then it's off to fold laundry and lay out the babies clothes for the morning.
Night all!

1 comment: